The Pointe Mall current WiFi infrastructure was found to be insufficient to accommodate the backstage crew, scanning machines and box office printers and laptops. Temporary high-speed broadband connection provided by EZELINK during the live concert to help management for operational and administration tasks.
Working to a very tight time schedule, EZELINK initially performed a physical wireless site survey to develop accurate wireless path predictions in order to ensure performance of the recommended wireless solution.
The survey had to take into consideration the locations involved, obstructions to line of sight, any points of wireless interference, as well as other critical variables that needed to be addressed to assure path calculations match the ‘real-world’ environment.
As this was a time critical project with a quick turnaround required, the installation to connect, configure and commission the wireless solution was achieved within two working days. EZELINK’s own wireless engineers carried out the installation and were able to remove the temporary connection quickly for the equipment to be re-used on other projects.
Based on the site survey and meetings for the event, installed the following for the managed wifi:
- 3 Outdoor access points to support for the connectivity of ticket scanners.
- 1 Outdoor access point for the connectivity of box office.
- Network cabling to connect ticket scanners & box office laptops and printers.
- 4 4G/LTE mobile hotpot routers connecting backstage crew mobiles & devices.
- 1 EZELB (fail-over and load-balance) to minimize the risk of failure
- Provided a temporary, secure high-speed broadband connection
- Quick to install – rather than waiting for fiber to be laid
- Low capital expenditure
- Eliminated the leased line costs
- Flexibility of moving to difficult locations
- No long-term contracts that are difficult to exit
- 99.999% reliability